Brighton College Nursery, Pre-Prep and Prep School is seeking a Teacher of PE and Games with a specialism in Netball and Athletics to start in January 2023. This is a fixed-term contract until 31 August 2023.
To provide sports teaching based on the school’s requirements within PE and Games.
- To have experience of teaching across a range of sports. Specific expertise and a level 2 qualification in netball and/or athletics would be preferred.
- To undertake duties with minimal supervision, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the work areas with a good degree of independence of action and initiative
- To liaise with the Head of Boys’ Games and Head of Girls’ Games in relation to resources for effective coaching sessions
- To take a professional approach to the planning, preparation and organisation of sessions and activities
- To attend sporting events with groups of pupils in school time and out of school time as required
- To coach and officiate school teams at competitive fixtures against other schools
- To assist the Heads of Boys’ Games and Head of Girls’ Games in making team selections for fixtures
- To contribute to end of term assessments/reports as directed by the Head of Boys’ Games and Head of Girls’ Games
- To work alongside other staff, including teachers, trainee teachers and support staff
- To plan and deliver a varied and interesting programme of physical and sporting activity
- To carry out assessments of pupils in line with department policies
- To review sessions and plan subsequent lessons based on the needs of the pupils
- To carry out any sports administration as directed by the Head of Boys’ Games and Head of Girls’ Games including the completion of match reports and contribute to the weekly sports newsletter
- To take part in in-service training, relevant performance management arrangements and other meetings as directed; to be conversant with school policies and procedures
- To attend safeguarding and other training as and when required by the school
- To communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- To maintain confidentiality at all times with regard to all aspects within the school
- To respond to any other reasonable management request.
- This role will involve daily contact with pupils and you will be engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
- All staff and volunteers have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
For more information, please visit the Brighton College website.