St Paul’s Girls’ School are seeking two Teachers of PE, specialising in Netball. One position is full time, fixed-term and the other is full time, permanent. The post-holders are expected to contribute to all areas of the curriculum as well as the extensive co-curricular programme. The role requires a high level of subject knowledge, teaching qualification and a desire to develop professionally. A specialism in netball including experience of teaching and coaching netball to students at all levels of ability is vital. Please state in the space provided on the application form what particular sports and activities you are qualified to teach.
The school places great importance on the pastoral care of its pupils and each girl has a personal tutor with whom she meets on a daily basis. You will be expected to become a tutor and to keep an interested, but unobtrusive, eye on the progress and well-being of your tutees and work closely with other tutors, the heads of year and the director of pastoral care to create a supportive and encouraging environment in which our girls are able to flourish.
A flexible, enthusiastic and energetic attitude is required as you will need to play a full part in the co-curricular life of the school, which will include umpiring matches, at home and away, a number of Saturdays and on weeknights throughout the year and some activities during the holidays. The role holders will be expected to accompany at least one residential trip a year.
· High level of subject knowledge in netball is essential.
· Experience with administration
· Ability to communicate well with others.
· Excellent ICT skills in a range of Microsoft Office applications
· The ability to work flexibly and effectively within a team towards common objectives.
· Confidence to show initiative
· Strong organisational skills
· Flexible, enthusiastic, and energetic attitude
· Positive work ethic
· Experience and knowledge of strength and conditioning
· Netball coaching qualifications and umpiring qualifications.
· Interest or expertise in Athletics and/or Cricket
· Experience with Fixturespro